Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

A Saturday in Flores

View back to Corvo

Today we went on a spontaneous trip to the neighbouring Island. Susana had an appointment with the dentist and asked me to accompany her. So we got on the boat Saturday morning. We were lucky that the boat "Ariel" could travel. Lately many trips had been cancelled due to bad weather. However, the ride on the boat was very rocky. But I managed to keep my breakfast inside. We had a beautiful morning and the water was splashing over the sides of the boat. One more time I was amazed by the view on "the Rock" (Corvo). When the boat leaves the port of Corvo and you can see the Island to its full extent, the hight of the vulcano is very impressive.

We were not the only people travelling today. Most of them were also seeing the dentist ;o) 
The first thing on Flores was to find some breakfast. We got lucky near the supermarket and had some coffee and sandwiches. 

Lawn-mawers? We have goats!
While I was waiting for Susana at the dentists I worked on my Portuguese by reading a few children's stories and taking a peak into the local newspaper. I was very surprised to find some pictures of our Corvenian christmas party in that paper. After that interesting visit to the dentist we spend our day walking the unknown streets of St. Cruz das Flores. We saw goats in front yards, different stores and people and took a look at the church in the city center.When we finally managed to find and decide on a restaurant for lunch, we enjoyed a delicious meal of fresh fish and vegetables with some salad. Oh sweet sweet life. We had salad. 
Well fed we started our shopping tour in the supermarket. We got some nice fruit and vegetables that we just can't get over here most of the time, especially in winter. Moreover, groceries are less expensive here. To my big excitement I found some German products such as "Capri Sonne". They didn't even translate the products name. Since my grandmother always used to buy these for us, I couldn't resist getting some of those comforting goods. I also got some Nutella. What a success!!!              
After that exciting experience we grabbed a coffee outside a nice café watching the the town and time go by. 
Before getting back on the boat we got wild on the playground. And I was able to swing with a view on the ocean again.

It was a perfect day :)
Back to Corvo!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen